The first day of school. It was raining, therefore my mother accompanied me to the front gate. At that time, I saw him, stood shivering in the rain, wrapping his raincoat tightly to his body, waiting for someone. I told my mother about it, she then took the boy together under our umbrella, telling him that he will fetch a cold. He did not say anything and just followed us until we arrived at the class. He murmured something that rarely sounded like ‘thank you’, and quickly walked away. “What a weird boy.” I thought to myself.
I was very curios to get to know more about him. One day, I bumped into him at the canteen. I apologized for being so clumsy and made his books fell on the floor.
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…”
“It’s okay. Anyway, I’m Kane Sebastian. Call me Kane.” He startled me.
“I’m Faisya Azryna - Ryn for short,” I replied.
It was our beautiful beginning. He was a little bit shy and timid, rarely spoke to the others, but he was very comfortable with me. He did not make friends easily, but I managed to reach beyond his shyness, and eventually, we became friends. I always tried my best to make him feel happy so that he will not feel lonely and alone. I will always be there for him whenever he needed me. I was the one who always stood up for him whenever he was feeling down. When I was all tensed up, he helped me a lot and often cheered me up.
I realized then and there that I liked this weird friend of mine. We spent countless hours just talking and telling stories to each other. Every day, we biked to school together. He kept me safe and held me back from hurting myself. Sometimes, I had to keep him out of trouble. Afterwards, we would go to the park and took a walk around while talking about our problems and shared our interests. As the years passed, Kane and I shared all the normal school experiences – first loves, double dating, Friday night football games, parties and dances. He was my true friend. My confidant. It did not matter that we were so different. We were friends, regardless.
I was very curios to get to know more about him. One day, I bumped into him at the canteen. I apologized for being so clumsy and made his books fell on the floor.
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…”
“It’s okay. Anyway, I’m Kane Sebastian. Call me Kane.” He startled me.
“I’m Faisya Azryna - Ryn for short,” I replied.
It was our beautiful beginning. He was a little bit shy and timid, rarely spoke to the others, but he was very comfortable with me. He did not make friends easily, but I managed to reach beyond his shyness, and eventually, we became friends. I always tried my best to make him feel happy so that he will not feel lonely and alone. I will always be there for him whenever he needed me. I was the one who always stood up for him whenever he was feeling down. When I was all tensed up, he helped me a lot and often cheered me up.
I realized then and there that I liked this weird friend of mine. We spent countless hours just talking and telling stories to each other. Every day, we biked to school together. He kept me safe and held me back from hurting myself. Sometimes, I had to keep him out of trouble. Afterwards, we would go to the park and took a walk around while talking about our problems and shared our interests. As the years passed, Kane and I shared all the normal school experiences – first loves, double dating, Friday night football games, parties and dances. He was my true friend. My confidant. It did not matter that we were so different. We were friends, regardless.
2 be continued...
todAy is bettEr than yestErdaY,
tomorRow is bEtter than toDay,
WhatsOever~~~
tomorRow is bEtter than toDay,
WhatsOever~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment